Monday, February 9, 2009

Tommy's Thai

Colfax and Cook Street

Tommy's Thai is the perfect neighborhood Thai restaurant. Right on East Colfax, it's an easy walk from our apartment in Congress Park. When you walk in, you notice the spare, contemporary design and think "Is this place too cool for us?" but the atmosphere is relaxed and the service is very friendly.

Then you look at the menu and think, "Wow, we're going to get out of here paying less than we would for some pizza shooters, shrimp poppers and xtreme fajitas at Chili's". They have all the Thai classics, plus some good Chinese dishes like Sesame Chicken. I've never had the crab cheese wontons and dipping sauce, but I've heard they're incredible. I stick with the Pad Thai.

The food isn't necessarily award-winning, but it's always satisfying and you feel good about how much you paid. But it's not a dump, so your date is still impressed with your taste. You win.

Rating: 3 star

1 comment:

Aaron and Angela said...

Hey! I finally got a chance to check out your food blog! This place sounds great. I am all about anything curry! Hey do you guys like sushi? If so, I have a place you guys should check out... or maybe I should start my own food blog ;)